Friday 19 October 2007

This Just In!

Richie & I & our friends Steve & Michelle are going to the AUSTRALIAN IDOL live performance show this Sunday!!! We are so excited :-) Idol is big to us, we get together to religiously watch it every Sunday night for performances & Monday night to see who gets kicked off. They are already down from the top 12 to only 6 contestants, so this Sunday they each get to sing 2 songs (normally its only one; this time one the judges pick & one they pick). We are going early for first come first serve seating & will probably have some kind of sign (I wasn't kidding when I said this was a BIG deal)! Here is the link to my favorite contestant, Matt Corby (he's only 16!) http://www.australianidol.com.au/matt-corby-fan-club.html
I suggest watching ALL the videos of him... however you may not have that kind of time, so I highly suggest the song Got to Get You into My Life (fyi: a "Touchdown" is considered the judge's biggest compliment). ANYhow... I have to get back to writing a paper... I'll let you know how the show goes & finish telling you about my mid-semester holiday soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is soooo cool that you got tickets! Does this rate up there with the Condor & sky diving? (Do they offer some sort of life-endagering factor for the audience?) It sounds like it will be loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

Sweeeet! Corby looks like a little Seeger, Marty's hair looks like Sanjaya, and Mark Da Costa looks like Mark DeRosa from the Cubs. Make a huge sign to bring to the show!!

Mrs. C. said...

Have fun at Idol! That is so cool. It's interesting how Australian Idol lets contestants play instruments. I hope you and Richie end up on t.v.

Love,

Mrs. C.

CC said...

NO FREAKING WAY ALISON!

I can't believe it!
Make sure you make a huge sign so you get on aussieland tv!

: * Caitlin

Alison in Aussie said...

The show was a lot of fun! Yet, even though I made a sign, my roommates watched and said we never made it on tv :-/ It was still cool to experience being in the audience and seeing the set. Listening to them live, espcially since they got to play instruments, was great, too. :)